Magna-Catalogs 2017.3 Enhancements
Below is a list of new components added to our growing list of Magna-Catalogs. To learn the icon color definition, please view the “Magna-Catalog User Guide here.
- Magna-Catalogs released to public. Magnacad, LLC will begin offering these Magna-Catalogs to the general public at various fees. We have thought about this for awhile now and we felt it is time to allow non Magnacad customers to gain access to them. Existing and future Magnacad customers on a current support program will continue to receive these for free along with any updates forever. Magnacad customers not on a support plan will have to pay the fees assigned for the catalogs the same as the general public.
- Quick Vids added alongside components. We created simple little quick videos for each catalog component we felt required some more in depth explanation. So these components will have the quick video directly alongside the component with the same name. Simply drag the video into the scene as you would and other catalog item and the video will launch. This requires am internet connection. If you have no internet connection, the videos have been included in your download in the respective “Videos” folders.
- Repaired Video Broken Links. We migrated all the video links to our website to have better control over the links. We have repaired all the broken links.
- Mag-BAGS. (MC #: Mag-BAGS) – A collection of various types of bags from tote, to backpacks along with components.
General Enhancements: Mag-SHAPES
This is a standard Cylinder shape that with automatically Extend thru the Part as a positive shape in the forward direction. You can edit the cross-section to achieve the desired shape needed.
This is a standard Block shape that with automatically Extend thru the Part as a positive shape in the forward direction. You can edit the cross-section to achieve the desired shape needed.
We have taken the H Dovetail shape that already existed on the Mag-Shapes catalog and added flat corners to the top edges.
General Enhancements: Mag-ZYYX
- Added several new models to the “Printables” sub-group such as 3 shelves and a gum bin.
“Simplify 3D Factory Files included”
Starting with release 2017.3, we will be adding the Simplify 3D factory files to the sub-folder “Factory Files” for all the models in the “Printables” sub-group. The Factory files can be edited as needed to meet your 3D printing objectives.